Soleila is a well funded top 10 solar developer in the NL with ambitous growth plan. We are based in Groningen in the Energy Academy Europe. the most sustainable building in the Netherlands, in the middle of the university campus. We have a large portfolio of early and late stage rooftop and land projects. We are looking to further increase the portfolio, and are searching for partner to finance, build and exploit solar our projects. In this role you will focus on generating and seizing new business opportunities and further developing the large ground-related projects.
PURPOSE OF THE FUNCTION
1. Act as a project development manager for the complete development phase of large ground related solar projects;
2. Assessing new business opportunities, preparing business cases, finding partners and presenting investment proposals to the shareholders;
3. Coordinating the financing and construction of projects;
4. Identifying projects in early development phases developed by land- or rooftop owners and seizing opportunities for collaboration;
5. Further expanding our existing portfolio of large ground-related projects.
• Negotiating contracts with both landowners and other parties;
• Use of existing network and knowledge to find new business opportunities in NL and other countries;
• Coordinating the permitting process, engineering process, grid connection process;
• Together with the legal expert develop all necessary contracts including land rights;
• Preparing financial business models;
• Further development of projects from RTB realization;
• Creating strong ties with development partners such as landowners, municipalities, consultants, investors, banks, EPC;
• Communicating the strategy of Soleila and developing business opportunities in a responsible manner.
• As a Business Development Manager you make a confident impression and you have over 5 years experience with renewable energy development, construction and finance in an international context;
• Experience with the development of solar projects from early stage until realization;
• Experience with identifying, developing and realising businesses partnerships;
• Developing a pipeline of projects whilst keeping overview and right priorities;
• Thorough understanding of the financial models for solar development;
• Understanding legal matters related to solar energy;
• Knowledge of the (environmental) permit process;
• Knowledge of the sustainable energy sector at home and abroad;
• Fluent in Dutch and English (in word and script), and preferably a third language;
• Experience with Autocad and PV-Syst is an advantage;
• Master or bachelor’s degree in a relevant study;
• Affinity for technical and financial feasibility of projects;
• An eye for detail and at the same time the higher goal;
• Communicative and social, driven by good stakeholder management;
• Flexible, independent, creative and enterprising;
• Prepared to travel regularly in and outside NL, in possession of driver license;
• Working in the Groningen office 1 or 2 days a week.
• Young, dynamic and very ambitous organization with major growth potential;
• Highly competitive package, partly fixed fee, partly success fee;
• Happy to share the proceeds of the projects you’re working on;
• Freelancer or job position;
• Salary or hire rate depends on experience and qualification, typically 65k-95k + success fee based on an amount per MW.
Please send your application + CV to email@example.com